Ilody’s Kansa wonder wand is quite literally a thing of wonder! Having been used for centuries in Ayurvedic healing practices, a Kansa wand is believed to have numerous potential benefits for the skin. The cool, sculpting metal works by activating the vitality or the ‘marma’ points in the complexion, increasing your life-force while connecting to your inner energy.
Made of teak wood with pure Kansa - a combination of copper and tin - the Kansa wand has a 70% copper dome. Copper itself is known for its antibacterial properties and healing benefits, so unlike other metals it doesn’t release dangerous toxins, corrode or rust. The gorgeous blend of wood and metal warms quickly to the skin, helping to naturally balance the skin’s pH.
5 reasons why a Kansa wand should be a part of your everyday beauty routine:
- Lymphatic drainage: a Kansa wand can stimulate lymphatic flow, helping to remove toxins and reduce any puffiness in the complexion, particularly beneath the eyes. This allows for the skin to appear refreshed and revitalised.
- Improved circulation: the gentle massaging technique and the unique composition of the Kansa wand noticeably helps to improve blood circulation. Not only does this lead to a healthy appearance, but it also allows the skin’s natural radiance to shine through.
- Reduces tension: the rolling of the Kansa wand on the complexion is a beautiful and calming massage. The coolness of the metal calms and sculpts, while built up tension in the facial muscles is quickly relieved. This reduces the appearance of stress in the brow as well as any fine lines and wrinkles.
- Energises the skin: for some users, a Kansa wand can create a subtle electrical charge to the skin, activating and energising the complexion. It truly is a ‘healing metal’!
- Balances our doshas: in Ayurvedic practice, it is believed that the combination of copper and tin can help balance the body’s doshas.
We each have three doshas: Vata, Pitta, Kapha. Vata is responsible for all the movements that take place within the mind and body, Pitta is the transformation of energy and Kapha governs stability and the structure of the mind and body.
By rebalancing our doshas, the Kansa wand helps to instil a calming force, contributing to an overall sense of health and wellbeing.
Incorporating a Kansa wand into your skincare routine is easy (and we think essential)! Here are some of our top tips to use it effectively.
- Always start with clean skin. We recommend using our Rasa Dream Cleansing Oil. Its gentle scent and luxury texture are the perfect partner to any Kansa Wand.
- Apply a small amount to the skin and massage over the entire complexion.
- Taking your Kansa Wand, use the larger end of the dome to follow the jaw line, moving towards the ear. Continue to do this for a few minutes.
- In a semi-circular movement, follow the line of the cheekbone.
- Using the figure 8, begin to move along the forehead
- Then taking the smaller end of the dome, gentle massage around the eye area, paying particular attention to areas of puffiness and fine lines.
- Remember, that consistency is key! Aim to use your Kansa wand at least once a week to keep the complexion smooth, radiant and healthy.